An accident can be a stressful and frightening event. Being prepared and knowing what to do can save lives, reduce injuries and make the claims process simple and pain-free.
- First, move to a safe area, if you can.
- Make certain everyone involved is okay. If someone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Contact the police and make a report.
- Take photos of all cars involved, including license plates, especially if the vehicles have not been moved (this is extremely important when filing a claim).
- Exchange contact information with all drivers involved.
- Note the accident location (i.e., intersection, road names, highway, milepost or exit).
- Confirm if any witnesses and obtain their info.
- If your vehicle is towed, confirm the name, address and phone number of the towing company.
- Call Prosper Insurance! We’ll pull up your policy and guide you through your next steps.
Unsure about your coverage?
Call now and speak to one of our agents.Call Now