Peak hurricane season falls around the middle of September, with most hurricane activity happening between mid-August to mid-October. Will you be prepared for when the next storm hits? We’re here to help!
How to prepare for a hurricane?
Here are 6 tips to help make sure you are prepared for the next hurricane:
- Seek shelter and stay indoors
- Stock up on supplies (flashlights, batteries, pet supplies, non-perishable foods)
- Know where your evacuation routes are and closest local hospital
- Sign-up for text alerts for local government to know when evacuation is necessary
- Stay up to date with your local news
- Stock up on extra medical supplies
How to hurricane proof your home?
We created a friendly reminder with 6 different tips of how you can secure and protect your home from tropical storms or hurricanes:
- Securing entries into your home
- Strengthening your roof
- High-impact windows
- Bring in loose items from outside
- Secured HVAC system
- Take pictures of your assets
Have questions about your coverage?
Call our service department at (757) 448-3820 and we will be happy to answer any of your questions!